Friday 26 April 2013

Nearly at the finish line

We are nearly there. PCI booked in for Tuesday. Cant wait to go in and spend some time in my house!!!

Whilst its so close, its so hard to stay away from the house, all I can think of is all the stuff that needs to be done when we get the keys...

Turf... I sent our plans out to a couple of companies to quote on preparing the ground and laying turf for our block, but no quotes yet!

Clothesline... I might hold off buying this until we move in.

Letterbox... We have a pallet and a half of bricks leftover, ideally I want a brick letter box, I asked our SS could I get someone in to do this before we get the keys, but no... Will just have to wait!

Security screen doors... I lined up a few quotes when we move in. Imagine my surprise today when one of them turned up at my block and waited for me to get there. My SS was here and he apparently asked him if he could go through. I was actually scared because I was caught onsite on Monday and didn't want to jeopardize the final weeks... So glad we got quote $1200 cheaper than EB! That's for invisgaurd trilock screen door powder coated to match my woodwork for the front. Stacker sliding door in the invisiguard and two more sliding doors to match my windows. So glad he quoted, I know one cost I am up for post handover.

Landscaping... I have quite a few ideas but will have to wait post handover for quotes.

Howard Ryan surprised me tonight, originally he was going to do his inspection tomorrow but was in our area and completed it today. His report puts my mind at peace... Love the colour photos as a reference, he didn't pick up any major issues, just paint work that needs touching up. I will use this as my reference on Tuesday at PCI. I am glad we got it done as he even crawls in our roof cavity... I wouldn't have done that LOL Rest assured its all as it should be.

And with PCI comes the final invoice we also received this today... It has our Building Variation for the comm box... We asked the bank would they issue the amount as a cheque for us, they will but not include the $220 variation, so we contacted EB, they will not take personal cheque only cash or credit with a surcharge... 

I also took advantage of the Target sale today, got the little man and I some winter Jammie's but also two cushions for his room, it's going to be a grown up boy's room in the new house...some towels for his bathroom, some sheets for the spare bed, can't find a quilt cover I like yet. I also bought some new accessories for the bathroom and ensuite... New toilet brushes, new soap dispensers and toothbrush holders. I have written a wish list for furniture... I'm going to concentrate one room at a time... Which one to choose LOL

So very excited, I hope this time goes quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment